When Dec 2019– Mar 2020 (with potential for further work in future)
Where Anywhere, but must be able to visit London at least once per month. Desk available anytime in East London.
How much? Typically 3–5 days per week
Rate £300 per day
Please do not contact us if you represent an agency
To apply for this role, please send a brief CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the project
We’re currently working to transform the planning system, making it simpler, more transparent, and more democratic. This includes the development of Plan✕, a platform that enables governments and planning authorities to publish planning legislation, policies and guidance as machine-readable code.
You will be working on a collaborative project to develop a prototype service for digital planning submissions, building modular service components, almost like micro-applications, sitting between the frontend and backend.
If you’re friendly, talented, self-motivated, an instinctive do-er and you enjoy working on projects that matter, we’d love to hear from you.
- Coordinating with UX/UI designers, frontend and backend developers to build, test and maintain modular components.
Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
Thrives in an iterative and sometimes ambiguous R&D environment.
Love for clean, standards-compliant, tested, well-patterned, well-documented code
- High level of proficiency working on React projects.
- Skilled at shaping and manipulating data (state) in React projects.
- Experience connecting components to JSON REST or GraphQL APIs
- Comfortable working collaboratively (and remotely) using git.
Nice to haves
- Experience working with component frameworks such as Material UI.
- Any experience working with TypeScript
Any experience deploying projects to production
What’s in it for you
- Working with a small, friendly, motivated team based in East London.
- Remote and flexible work arrangements, with occasional on-site presence (min once per month).
Possibility of moving to a permanent role, or future opportunities to help us prototype, build, deploy and operate technologies that can genuinely transform society and the economy.